Whether it’s your first time hosting Easter lunch or your 20th time, everyone can use some fresh inspirations. And when you ask me why should you style your table with crystal rather than pressed glass I would say that it is all about little luxuries that counts which make a huge impact on whether your table is elegant and sophisticated or just casual.
I find that as a colour lover, I often choose a decor that involves bright hues that can complement neutrals interiors. I have a pleasure in repurposing things in my home and give my guests something to talk about when the conversation about who got which egg in their Easter basket wanes.
The first thing to keep in mind when you’re putting together your ideal tabletop is to ask yourself, “What is going to fill it up?” Is family-style food your thing? Perhaps a sophisticated mini nibbles? Is a killer flower arrangement? Perhaps lovely place cards? You can have it all if you follow these tips.
- Start with basics like the table runner or a table cloth. My favourite come from Designer’s Guild . It’s a piece you can use for any formal dinner but it provides a neutral start to any decor. I also love table napkins which are playful, with a neutral tone, and totally worth a splurge.
- Stick with one type of flower in medium crystal vases. If I can be honest my favourite is Victoria vase by Gurasu crystal. It’s opulent and classic look adds on a splash of glamour to any interior style whether Scandinavian or more traditional.
- When I decide on flowers I often use tulips because they’re in season and very easy to find in various colours at a farmer’s market.
- Add pops of colour by using handmade crystal votives around your clear crystal vase and candlesticks. Sky blue and amber or amber and lavender will look stunning.
- An Alternative to large vases can be few small . Take single flowering tulips, English roses or hydrogens and mix with textured ,Gurasu hand cut crystal votives which can also be used as small vases too. For more elegant look I often choose three same colour vases whether clear crystal or lavender shining star vase.
- Embrace change. We all long for a picturesque table scape with perfectly placed napkins, shiny silverware, fine modern crystalware and calligraphy place cards.
Now you are ready for all that Instagram-ing you might need to do…
Need more ideas, see our post from last year on creating a beautiful Easter table.